(This is a sub-post because it looks more professional.) Blogging, Marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC

Tales of a New-to-New-Media Blogger



Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Sphinncon Conference in Jerusalem, Israel 2011 -Online Marketing Expo

There is no way my experience today could be just a day's worth of a post, so it will have to continue on as a series to get out all of the wealth of information I gained today at the Sphinncon Israel Conference. 

Firstly, I will start by giving a backgroud and setting.  As per my last post, I was put in touch with some Israeli Online Marketing companies.  That's when I got wind of an annual massive conference that takes place in Jerusalem - for all of the TOP online media professionals in Israel and beyond.

It cost me 100 dollars to register and was held at the Inbal Hotel.  The registration started at 7:30 AM and I arrived arrived arounnd 8 although the actual seminars did not begin until about 9.  The program had back-to-back forums starting from 9AM lasting until 5:45 AM with a one hour lunch in the middle.

To be honest, a lot of what was discussed I actually already knew from blogging here. :)  But, that is not to say that I did not learn A LOT of nice new stuff as well.  Also, this blog helped me tremendously by just being able to follow along with all of the new media jargon.  That was a huge plus or else I would have been lost!

To be honest, it was a bit humbling sitting in a room with hundreds of people who were tops in SEO, PPC, Analytics, Link Building, Social Media etc. 
Also, although I find this to be cool and exciting, it kind of bothers me how obsessed everyone is with google.  And the heavy attachment to people and technology.  It's almost like turning google and technology into a "G-d" and that these classes are their "Bible."

But... I digress... I guess it still is a 'honest' profession and undeniably the wave of the future (and present.)
So the people at the conference seemed to definitely be on top of their game. 

I left before the last seminar because I felt I had absorbed enough info for one day - and didn't let the 100 bucks hold me back.

I did make a few contacts - one particular presenter Charles Kalech whom I spoke with about my idea of working to get new clients for SEO and online marketing companies.

Next post will have more info more specifically on what new "new media" stuff I learnt.  Stay tuned because it's a lot of nice juicy highlights from top people.

Shalom from Israel!

1 comment:

  1. great post, thanks for sharing! I'm so happy you ended up going to the conference even though they spelled your name tag "newr to newr media"
    ha.
    see you soon!

    ReplyDelete