(This is a sub-post because it looks more professional.) Blogging, Marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC

Tales of a New-to-New-Media Blogger



Sunday, April 10, 2011

Google AdSense- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) - Monetizing Online

The purpose of this blog was not to monetiz.  I started it purely to learn about how online media works and how people actually DO make money online, while blogging my findings along the way.   Since I do seem to be getting a decent amount of traffic onto this site, I figured why not just put up some Google Ad.
Placing ads on my blog is both a learning experience and an experiment to see how it all works. 

Here were my findings:
1) Placing the Ad onto the site: I can go into a whole song and dance as to how to embed the ads into the blog- but it is a whole lot of HTML jargon.  I just googled "How to place adsense onto a blog" or something like that and came up with very detailed instructions.   I do not remember them at this point- but it took me all about a half an hour in total.  Yes, for easier reference I could have copied and pasted the steps into this blog, but why should I if you can just google it and follow the clear instructions. For now I am ok with that.  I There was a lot of HTML reading and cutting and pasting- which I am so clueless about and really disinterested in as well.  However, as you can see it worked.  And the whole time I was saying to myself that I would just blindly follow the instructions and then hope for the best.

2) People actually DO click on the ads.  I have to check my adsense account, but last I checked I had make a couple of cents!  But for doing nothing (a half an hour of investment) why not make some cents- just for the kick of it.  Plus, in the future who knows if more people will suddenly start to visit this site. Also, it's just a great skill to have whenever you are building sites- and you don't have to do anything.

Believe it or not there are people who make a living off people clicking on their google ads!!!
If you have a couple of websites with traffic and ads- it all "adds up!"

3) It's free. Period.

Maybe one day I will post the steps to placing the ads, but for now this is all.
I can only tell you it's easier than it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment