(This is a sub-post because it looks more professional.) Blogging, Marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC

Tales of a New-to-New-Media Blogger



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Creating an Ad on Google Adwords, Online Advertising Marketing

So, I just got approved for an $80 advertising allowance with google adwords.  It was fun setting up the account and my first campaign is titled "New Media."   I was going to start by advertising my brother's businesses, but they do not have websites that promote their businesses and the ads need a place to link to.
The only site I can link to now is mine and one of my goals is to drive traffic to my site so I had the idea to just advertise my own blog !!!  Let's just see if a month showing up in google ads (80 dollars worth) will get me even ONE hit!!!
I created the ad with a short description if this site and used keywords such as "online marketing, blogging, internet advertising, SEO" etc.  We shall check the stats and see what happens.
It's a start.
If I'm going to market something, I'll start with this site.  I'd like to market for others eventually.  Maybe make small websites for companies that don't have any or don't show up in google.

No comments:

Post a Comment