(This is a sub-post because it looks more professional.) Blogging, Marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC

Tales of a New-to-New-Media Blogger



Thursday, December 23, 2010

Facebook, LinkedIN and Online Marketing Presence Through Social Media

Hearing and reading about social media forums such as Facebook, Twitter, Buzz etc... you can just keep reading and reading about its effectiveness.  However, to get a good feel for how it works, you really just need to experiment.

So, a while back, I posted how I read somewhere to include your URL
(in my case http://www.new-to-new-media.com/) in all of these social media websites- either in your profile or signature or any other place you can embed it.  So, I placed mine into my LinkedIN profile as well as on my Facebook profile- oh, and in my signature in my e-mails.

I pretty much forgot about all that because, again, I wasn't looking to become an expert in social media.  But this week alone I got comments- either through e-mail, on Facebook and from LinkedIN! And for the amount of effort I've put in that is pretty impressive because all I did was just embed my website URL in those 3 places and got traffic.  Imagine the effectiveness of social media and online marketing if it is done by an expert!

So far I am definitely becoming convinced that this new media and online marketing stuff gets results.

Any arguments?

No comments:

Post a Comment