(This is a sub-post because it looks more professional.) Blogging, Marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC

Tales of a New-to-New-Media Blogger



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

First Post Ever!!!! New to New Media - Let's Begin!

As the title says it I am "New to New Media" - brand spankin' new.  Honestly, I had no idea what to even title this blog because I am not even still sure what "new media" is - or what the difference is between new media, social media, internet marketing, affiliate marketing, online marketing, search engine optimization and all that new media stuff!!!  But I am sure by the end of all this research and day by day learning I will know a bit more about each.   I have a small clue, but not enough to really sink my teeth into the industry. I hope you stick with me on this journey to identify and explore each one and make some sense out of all of it - for all of us who have an interest.
My ultimate goal is to learn about all this so that I can monetize on it in any way I can- and of course be helpful to others in the process.  I am a natural entrepreneur - opportunist - enterpriser and this seems to be a great field to get a better grip on.
I will hopefully be posting daily on what I learn each day to gain some more clarity onto this hot developing field.
Today what I learnt from speaking with this really nice guy I connected with on LinkedIn who works on SEO - search engine optimization - is that most of this stuff is self-taught.  There is no degree, schooling or textbooks on it - and it was HIS suggestion that I keep a daily blog on my findings.  So here it is. No time wasted. 
What I learnt today:  You need to learn this new media stuff on your own.

1 comment: