(This is a sub-post because it looks more professional.) Blogging, Marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC

Tales of a New-to-New-Media Blogger



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Marketing and Advertising a Business On-line

One way Mr. Onlysimchas.com suggested I get better at learning this online business advertising stuff, is to offer to promote other businesses online.  To offer my services to get them noticed and give them an online presence.

Today, I was contacted by a connection on LinkedIn- an accountant - to help them promote their firm's services online.

This will be my first experiment.

I googled something like "how to advertise my business online."

So far I got some answers from: http://www.myownbusiness.org/s9/

They are mainly:
1) Getting a website (not an option right now).
2) Search Engine Placement - High Rankings with google and yahoo. (I think this only works with having a website and optimizing it to rank high.)
3) Pay Per Click Advertising: Consider "pay per click" strategies such as Yahoo.com , Google.com and MSN.com to enhance your overall marketing strategy. Pay per click now offers local search options to better reach a targeted audience.
This is the one I plan to try ... Getting the business ads in local listings and searches for accountants...
WITH G-D"S HELP!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Pay per click won't work well without having a web presence to lead people to. At very least, create a facebook fan page for the accountant and lead people there. Obviously you're going to need some valuable information there to make the clicks worth while. It could be free advice, ebooks, discounts, blog articles...

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete