(This is a sub-post because it looks more professional.) Blogging, Marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC

Tales of a New-to-New-Media Blogger



Friday, November 26, 2010

Search Engine Optimization/Marketing Companies

Search Engine Optimization (SEO and web marketing) companies seem to be a dime a dozen.  The more I do research on how to market a blog (or any website or business), the more companies I seem to stumble upon.

PPC, Web 2.0 - this is all lingo for something ... Hi-tech on-line marketing. 
I've since joined so many groups in LinkedIn that are involved in webmarketing.
Here is just one example of a description for one such company known as "Prime Visibility" (http://www.primevisibility.com/):

"Recognized on the INC List of Fastest Growing companies in the US, Prime Visibility is a leading Internet marketing firm focusing on website optimization (SEO), paid search (SEM) and Web 2.0 (social media optimization.) Since 1997, Prime Visibility, an award-winning full-service Internet marketing company, has been committed to leveling the playing field so that every business, large and small, has the opportunity to make a significant impression on the Internet. We specialize in developing strategies that can exponentially increase a website's visibility while lowering customer acquisition costs. Most importantly, we help our clients get measurable results like more qualified leads, more on-site conversions, and a high Return On Investment (ROI)".

It's getting a bit overwhelming so see so many people specializing in this industry.  I'm wondering if there is strong competition, if the market is flooded with digital advertising or is it still a growing and needed field.

Questions to ask myself:
Do I want to be a perpetual student of new media???
I'm going to try a bit each day for a little longer.  Worst case scenario it will be a hobby and something new to sharpen my mind and know about.

I just submitted an article with www.ezinearticles.com .
Whether it gets accepted or not, I'm not so sure I care.  Article marketing is supposedly SO big, that I had to try it out and get my feet wet.  I added my URL - (link to this blog) and site description. The article was basically a copy and paste of my first post on this blog.  It looks like fun - because you can post articles on virtually any topic of interest within their selected array of categories.  We shall see what happens, but this was a goal I wanted to accomplish.  Enough of an accomplishment for me so far.  Again, this is all in the name of establishing an on-line presence so that I will get more traffic and hits onto my blog - since statistically, you need about 500 new hits a day in order to really monetize off of online advertising or affiliates on your site.  Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment