(This is a sub-post because it looks more professional.) Blogging, Marketing, SEO, SEM, PPC

Tales of a New-to-New-Media Blogger



Monday, November 15, 2010

WOW, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Huge Finding!!! META TAGS

I cannot believe what I just did... I was THIS close to giving up because anything 'HTML' really scares me - all that code - I feel is outta my league.  But the freakiest thing just happened.  I was on http://www.facebook.com/ looking at some pictures a friend posted from a wedding she was at last night, when on the advertising side-bar I noticed an ad for "Top Search Engine Optimization Tips."  I clicked on it out of curiosity - and it gave 8 random SEO tips out of 50.  (This is to get my bogs higher ranks on google searches, basically.)  This was a goal of the day as well so I read on. 
( This was the site: http://seotipsrevealed.com/signup.php?m=sm&a=0513_coj&t=all )
The first tip was to:
Put your main keywords in the TITLE META TAG of your page. Separate your keyword phrases with the "|"or "-" character.  Your page title makes a huge impact to your SEO ranking.

I had no ounce of a clue how to do this so I went to the "help" link on my blogger dashboard and typed in "title tag."  I read of a few tips, but they all seemed like Greek to me. 
Then I came across this posting:

Q: how do i insert a meta tag in my html blog? i want insert fallowing words in my title line(html): landscape,nature,photo
A: Go to Layout>Edit HTML and look for <title> tag. You will find something like this:
<title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title>   you want to add the words before the closing title tag, like this:    <title><data:blog.pageTitle/> landscape, nature, photo</title>

it will add those words to all pages.

Hit Preview and see how it looks at the top of your screen.


and it worked!!!  yay!!!!

Today I:
1) Did a bit of HTML do some SEO for my blog but adding meta tags into my title bar... (sounds fancy, I know, but I am just a beginner, I promise!)

2) I'm starting the process of making my blog look more presentable.  Changing fonts, backgrounds etc.
3) Took out 3 books from the library on new (online) media --- "Blogging for Dummies", "Clear Blogging", and "Starting a Web-Based Business".

4) Opened an account with www.Squidoo.com - another social media tool that gives you a presence  on the internet.  It has a built-in affiliate program so it looks like I may be posting a lot of similar stuff there too.  I got the idea to open an account there from a youtube vidoe I was watching on "how to set up a blog for affiliate marketing."  Which I hope to continue watching tomorrow because I am getting too sucked into this right  now and put in a lot of time today already and do not want to go beyond my limits.  However, my biggest goal right now is to get this blog noticed!!!!!!

Tomorrow (with G-d's help) I plan to:
1) Find more ways to market my blog.
2) Maybe seek a little part-time flexible job so this does not take over my life.
3) Build on my Squidoo account.
4) Watch some more youtube videos.
5) Embed a photo on my blog
6) Pick up my dry-cleaning ... :)

1 comment:

  1. Great point you make there. good article
    Experience is the key when it comes to search engine optimization.
    SEO Services

    ReplyDelete